Home-Start is one of the leading family support charities in the UK. The volunteers play a crucial role in helping families with young children deal with the challenges they face. They support parents as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children.
Last year Home-Start supported 60,000 children in 28,000 families, in communities across the UK.
Home-Start is committed to providing real evidence of the difference our volunteers support makes for families, which is why we measure the issues faced by families and the changes to their situation while they are working with a volunteer.
This support means:
* 95% of families felt their children’s emotional and physical health and well-being had improved
* 95% of parents felt more involved in their children’s development
* 94% of parents felt less isolated
* 94% of parents said their emotional health had improved
* 95% of parents felt more able to cope with the day-to-day running of the house
There are a number of different ways you can get involved and volunteer from fundraising balls to visiting parents and children for a couple of hours a week, there is something for everyone to get stuck in.
For more information please visit the website.